CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

PONY EXPRESS

OK y'all here are the photos from the pony express ride. What a great experience that was !!! Even the bucking part. Seems Ol Bart didn't like where the mail bags hit him and everytime I would spur him to run he would kick up his back legs. Dawn was riding my shadow and at one point she asked if I wanted to know how high he just kicked. I said "NO!!, You can tell me later." Well pictures don't lie and if you watch the video you will see his back legs go over Dawn's head. But the mail must thru, so I ended up changing horses and did my part to get the mail delivered.

We camped for 3 days outside AUSTIN, NV ( I know, I had never heard of it before either) It's somewhere along Hwy 50... You know, the loneliest road in Nevada. Yup, it's true, somewhere out there we rode our portion of the old pony express trail.

We had 17 horses at Camp and 11 riders for our portion of the trail.














Not all the horses were excited about sharing a moment in history.




Well here's what y'all have been waiting for.......



Grandma's famous Pony Express Ride




Whew, Somehow we got the mail thru without incident of Indian attack or lost rider. Then we settled down to some great campfire cooking and as the sun set the ol cowboys got our their geetars.....











We road fast and furious, in a way that I think would make the original riders proud



And in the end we were all pretty dog tired.


Happy Trails

0 comments: